Customizing the agenda
This action will allow you to target and restrict the sessions to a certain group of people. That way the targeted session(s) will be visible in the app to a specific group of people and the rest, who are not supposed to attend to a session, won't be able to find it in the Agenda.
Please note the logic of those two sentences describing the option:
- This item will be visible to participants matching any of
- But will remain invisible to participants matching any of
The first row will allow you to make the session visible and the second one - will allow you to make that session invisible. As those two are being edited, the wording will also change. That is because if you set a visibility target you are not required to set an invisibility target as well. Setting only one type would be enough to restrict the information.
For example, let's assume that a certain session should be visible to all attendees at the event who work in the Technical line of service and whose department is "SpotMe".
When adding those in the row for visibility, the text below will automatically change and the result would be:
- The item will be visible to participants: who are serving in the Technical line of service; who are from the "SpotMe" department;
- But will remain invisible to: everyone else.
The targets serve as conditions and those are coming from the fields within the participant profile. That would mean that every field visible there (First name, Last name, Position, Company, etc.) can be used as a condition based on which to target sessions.
The conditions should be selected from the drop-down menu "Add a condition to match". When you select the condition that would serve your purpose best, e.g. "First name" you should also add the respective first name by clicking on the "Add" button. After that, press "OK" and the targets would be implemented.
The same filters can be applied to the invisibility targets and both of these are being set up in the same way.
Another great possibility when setting up the Agenda allows you to require registration from the participants. That way if the session is not mandatory, people can choose and make their own agenda during the event. Please, keep in mind that if you would wish to use the Registration function, there is no need to target the sessions.
In order for you to enable the Registration for the sessions, you should click on the "Open Registration" button. You can do this in two ways: either by opening the sessions which would have registration and pressing the button there or from the "All Sessions" tab where you can allow registration without entering each session.
You can adjust the capacity of each session from the "Capacity settings" row. When pressing on "Edit Capacity settings" a popup will appear:
- Under "Registration mode" there are 3 options related to the registration.
"No constraints" means that there will not be any limitations during registration. The purpose for this would be to monitor the number of attendees of each session.
- "Unlimited capacity" will be very useful when two sessions are eligible for registration and are starting at the same time. Since it is physically impossible to be in two places at the same time, choosing the "Unlimited capacity" would ensure that a participant can register only for one of the two sessions.
- "Managed capacity" should be used when a certain session will be held in a place with a limited number of seats. If you would prefer to use that setting, please enter the number of seats available for the respective session in the "Capacity when managed" field.
There are a lot of other actions that you can use when it comes to the sessions included in the Agenda.
You can attach forms, Q&A, Votings, Word Cloud sessions, Banners, Documents, Speakers, Moderators, etc. to each session.
For every single action, you have two options - to either "Create" or "Choose" (when the attachment already exists). The good practice would suggest to always first create the attachment (regardless whether it's a form or a speaker) and then select it from the drop-down menu.
The Action button at your top right will allow you to download a list of the registered for the respective session participants.