The Pages module allows you to create and edit the pages in your app. Under List you will find all pages created in the app. To create a new page you have to click on the Create button.
You need to provide the Title of the page. You can also have a subtitle, but it’s not mandatory. Once it's done, the next thing is to create the Frontstage page – from Frontstage pages on the right, by clicking on Create. You can either upload or choose from the default icons. Then click Save.
In order to make any changes or to add content to our page, click on the pen icon under Frontstage page.
On the left you have all components which you can include in your page. To add a component to the page simply drag and drop it in the middle section. On the far right is the configuration panel, which allows you to change the settings of the component and further edit it.
There are several groups of Components that are the following:
- Advanced - here you will find the Page header component, which simply allows you to define an in-app title of your page;
- Common - here you will find more options to use in order to customize the page by adding text, images, and linking content. More specifically, the following components are available:
- Image - allows you to directly upload an image from your computer and place it within the page;
- Text - allows you to copy/paste or manually type text on the page, which you can even hyperlink to internal or external content.
- Section header – that is the title for your different sections;
- Field list – mainly used when editing or creating lists, e.g. sponsors, participants or presenters. Choose the Static option on the right and the list.
- The Separator can be either solid or invisible line and it's used to provide more space between the text blocks.
- Link list allows you to link any content you have in Backstage – you can add lists of documents, link to the Agenda, etc. You need to provide the List title and you do that from the panel on the right. Under Links you need to link the content you want to be shown. There is no limitation to the number of documents or items - documents, sessions, link to the Agenda, etc. When choosing Content Page you can link another page (already created). That way you are creating a subsection.
- Form elements - containcs different components which you can use to build in-app surveys or quizzes. For more information, please refer to the "Implementing Forms For Your Event" article.
- Functional - All of the components available are mainly used when creating a survey. The "Randomization from" and "Randomization to" elements allow to define a starting and ending point in the page and the content placed between those will be randomly ordered each time you refresh the page in the app. The Slide Separator allows you to create your page content in the form of a several slides.
- Lists - it allows you to add forms (surveys) to your page.
How to add a component to your page
Any component is added in the same way - you need to drag and drop it from the "Components Panel" to the middle section of the page. Then click on the element and you will see some additional options in the "Configuration Panel" on the right hand side of the page.
For example, if you drag and drop an image component, you will see an option to upload the image from your computer or simply choose it if it has already been uploaded in Backstage.
The process to add a Text is not much different – drag and drop the Text block. You edit and add the actual text from the 3rd panel. You can hyperlink certain words by putting links to lead to content, already existing in the App. External links can be added as well.
Select the word that you want to hyperlink, then from the editing options, click on the connecting icon and a pop-out window will appear. Choose whether you want an internal or external link. If the content that you are linking is already existing in Backstage, choose Internal -> the relevant content under Item to open.
If you want to link a certain button that you already have on your SpotMan (Navigation) Menu, then you need to choose the Nav from the drop-down menu. This is an abbreviation for Navigation Menu, then from the second drop-down choose the item (Agenda, Presenters, etc.) you would like to link.
All of the components available are added in the same way.