This article will provide the necessary guidance for gathering all the visual assets that can be needed for creating a workspace.
Below in this article you will find:
- The list of assets that are needed, including their recommended sizes and formats, depending on the devices used and their orientations.
- A checklist PDF file that you can print out and mark-up to help you gather all the assets you'll need.
Additionally, please refer to the App design templates and guides article, to download any asset templates that you may need. These templates also contain guidance on how the various assets should be used, as well as how they are displayed in the app when they are in portrait or in landscape mode (cut off areas).
Event list icon
- Format: 512x512px PNG-24
- Description: This image identifies an individual event in the event list, so supply a distinctive icon for each event in a multi-event app.
Splash screen (tablet)
- Format: 2048x2048px PNG-24
- Description: This image is visible on app start and before activating an app.
Splash screen (phone)
- Format: 1242x2208px PNG-24
- Description: The splash screen is an excellent opportunity to showcase branding.
Home screen assets
Home screen banner (portrait)
- Format: 1500x700px PNG-24 or JPG
- Description: This image is always visible at the top of the app home screen.
Home screen banner (landscape)
- Format: 2000x500px PNG-24 or JPG
- Description: As above, for landscape orientations
Short default block
- Format: 1000x200px PNG-24 or JPG
Tall default block
- Format: 1000x400px PNG-24 or JPG
Short narrow block
- Format: 500x200px PNG-24 or JPG
- Description: This size block displays differently on phones and tablets.
Custom home block
- Format: 1000x272px PNG-24 or JPG
- Description: Can be displayed in both Portrait and Landscape mode. Works well for integrating custom text and icons placed in the center of the block image.
Home screen icon or button
- Format: 300x300px PNG-24
- Description: Use 50px transparent margins on all sides for best results.
Other various assets
App menu icon
- Format: 72x72px PNG-24
- Description: Important! Always use 16px transparent margins on all sides.
Participant or speaker profile photo
- Format: 400x400px JPG file
- Format: 600x150px PNG-24 or JPG. Alternatively, 600x600px is possible, test alternate sizes before publication!
Sponsor page banner
- Format: 600x150px PNG-24. Transparent background recommended.
Sponsor logo for home screen
- Format: 300–600x300px PNG-24. Use transparent background and 30px transparent margins.
- Format: 600x150px PNG-24 or JPG
- Format: 2000x2000px SVG
- Description: Center maps and prepare one file for each floor.
- Format: 960x490px PNG-24 or JPG
- Format: 2000x1500px PNG-24 or JPG
- In the feed preview, images are cropped to 4:3, anything below that ratio will be displayed completely, anything above it will be cropped to fit in a 4:3 rectangle.
Profile banner / More menu banner
- Format: 2040×680px PNG (1:3 ratio)
Live view background images: Question mode / Choice mode / Results mode images
These are the live screen background images that can be configured for use in the theme options for the poll, and will be displayed behind the question statement, choices, or results.
The image format and resolution should match that of the screen being used.
The most common formats would be either standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9, and the resolution of the image needs to be suitable for the size of the screen.
Poll questions: Question images and choice images
Poll question images are configured in the question component of the poll. Their format is 4:3, and there are two types:
Question component image:
This is the image that can be associated with a question. It is a larger image that is placed beneath the question and takes up most of the screen. Recommended size for this is 1600x1200px.
Answer image (in the question component):
These are smaller images that can be associated with the answers available as part of the question component. These images are smaller. Recommended size for this is 320x240px.