When using Studio, once you've created your virtual or hybrid live session, you can personalize the live stream by adding a custom background.
This can allow you to display your organization or event's identity, your sponsor's logos, or any other visuals you wish to show to your audience during the live session:
- Open your Studio stream in Backstage, and open the settings using the ⚙️ button in the top left corner.
- Select Design in the menu to the left. Here you can drag and drop or upload the image you want to use as your stream background.
Make sure you check the image recommendations below:
- Click on Save.
The background is visible immediately after you add it in the stream.
Note: You can preview how your live session will look to attendees in the app, using the Preview button located in the top left corner in Studio. This preview button is accessible to anyone present in the studio/green room, whatever their role.
Background image recommendations
Make sure you follow the below recommendations for your background image:
- Recommended resolution is 1920 x1080 px, with a maximum file size of 5MB
- The middle area of the image is not safe to add content, as it will be covered by the speaker webcams and shared content.
- The safe areas on the image are the two full horizontal strips, of 80px in height, located at the very top and bottom of the background.
Note: If only a shared content is displayed on the stream, with no speaker webcams, then the background image won’t be visible, as the shared content will take up the entire space.
Background template file
You can use the background .psd image template to see the two safe areas, and re-use it to create your own background images.
What is SpotMe Studio
How to create a live stream using Studio
How to use Studio as the host
How to invite a moderator to your live stream
How to invite speakers to your live stream
What can a host, moderator, or speaker do in Studio
How to allow screen sharing for your browser on Mac
How to share a PowerPoint