If your event has passed or if your workspace has not been active for a while, it will be moved to an "archived" state in Backstage.
Workspaces that are archived are still fully accessible to Backstage users via the list of workspaces in Backstage. They just need to be restored in order to access them.
Archived workspaces are not visually marked as "Archived" in the list of workspaces. The only difference is that when you open an archived workspace, the system will notify you that the workspaces is archived and ask that you confirm whether you wish to restore the workspace.
More information on the different workspace production statuses is available in the How to change a workspace from "Test" to "Pre-production" to "Production" status article.
Below you will find more details on how and when workspaces are archived, depending on the status:
- All workspaces (test/preproduction/production) are archived 45 days after the event end date.
- Archived workspaces can be restored to the status they had before they were archived, by accessing them in the workspace list. Restored workspaces will be archived again 30 days after their last restoration date, if they are not accessed/used. If you find that you are unable to restore an archived workspace, please contact SpotMe support.
- Workspaces are deleted once they have been archived for more than 2 years (starting on the date when the workspace was last archived).
- Workspace templates are never archived or deleted.
- Content hub workspaces are currently not archived or deleted.