If needed, you can give your mobile app users the ability to block other app users.
Please note that this is only supported on mobile apps (iOS and Android), not on the web app.
If a mobile app user A blocks user B, user A will no longer see any content published in the app by user B.
To do this, in the mobile app, users simply need to go to the profile of the user they want to block and tap the Block user button in the bottom of the screen:
I doing this, the mobile app user will no longer see any of the following content from the blocked user:
- Feed posts and comments.
- Live session Q&A entries.
- Blocked users name in the Viewers list in the live session.
To unblock the user, they just need to go back to the user profile and tap the Unblock button.
- A blocked user can still be searched for and accessed in the app, but will only contain an Unblock button. Unblocking the user results in displaying all their content again.
- Also,If the app user who has blocked other users were to uninstall/reinstall the app, they would need to re-block the users.
- Users cannot block themselves via their own profile.
How to enable the "block users" functionality in your event for your app users
The blocking functionality is not available by default. To enable this you need to modify the user display template:
- Go to Content > Users via the workspace main menu.
- Open the Display template tab, and select Person.
- In the panel to the left, scroll down to the Block participant component, and add it to the central pane of the template.
- Click on Save.
To disable the functionality in your event, simply remove the Block participant component from the display template, and click Save.