Customizing the app is key for brand recognition and memorability. This guide will allow you to better understand the elements you can brand in a SpotMe app.
Please note that in addition to the present article, you may also refer to the following articles:
- The SpotMe visual asset checklist will provide a list of all the assets you may need to brand an app.
- App design templates and guides will provide a list of design template files that can be downloaded, as well as additional guidance on their use.
Which elements can be branded in the app?
The below elements can be branded in a SpotMe app:
The app icon will be displayed on a device, in the app stores, and in the event list if when you have multiple events in your application.
- Keep the design simple and limit text.
Your app icon will be displayed as a smaller version on devices.
This screen is displayed at any time when the app is loading.
- Keep logo in the upper part of the screen.
The iOS and Android default loading areas appear in the center of the screen.
- Avoid placing logos in the margin of the screen.
The tablet loading screen will need to work in both landscape and portrait mode, so the edges may be cut off when changing the orientation.
The home banner is a static element placed at the top of the home screen.
- The home banner usually displays standard information such as the logo and name of the app, or the place and dates of the event.
- The banner will appear as portrait or as landscape, depending on the device's orientation.
Home feed banner
The home feed banner is typically static at the top of the home feed. It can also be configured to flow off-screen automatically as newer posts are posted above it.
Other images can also be posted to the home screen but they will be cropped. Images posted in the recommended banner resolution below will not get cropped.
- The home feed banner usually displays standard information such as the logo and name of the app, or the place and dates of the event.
Home blocks will soon be deprecated, and no longer available for use. For more information on this please refer to the Home screen article.
Home blocks are shortcuts that are placed on the home screen, and that typically point to the most important functionalities in the app.
- Keep content in the center area of your picture. Home blocks are automatically resized to fit the the device, so depending on the device items in the margins if of the banner might not appear.
- Instead of a picture, a block can feature an icon placed on a plain color background on either the left or the right side of the screen.
Wallpapers are used only on devices that are provided by SpotMe (iPads or iPods).
- Keep your logo and text in the upper part of the screen.
iOS will place different elements (date, activation slider, etc.) on the screen and automatically resize the wallpaper.
- Create two versions of the wallpaper to differentiate the locked and the unlocked screen.
Other optional assets