What can be copied?
Workspace copying allows you to transfer the following items from one workspace to another, for the supported modules:
- Data (ex. sessions, speakers).
- Assets (ex. speaker photos, documents).
- Module preferences (ex. whether to use Nearby or not in contacts).
- Metadata changes (ex. custom metadata fields added).
- App configuration (ex. home screen and main menu configuration).
Copying a workspace
To copy a workspace in Backstage, go to the workspace you are copying from, and:
- Go to Settings in the workspace main menu.
- Click on Copy workspace.
- Select the target workspace that you will be coping the date to.
- Click on Next.
- On the second screen, review any modules that might be missing or outdated in the target workspace.
Click on Next.
- On the next screen, review the changes that will be made Pay attention to things marked with an "Override" label.
- Before copying a workspace, make sure to review the list of supported modules.
- Ensure that your template (or source) event has all the up-to-date modules.
- After the event copy process is completed, make sure to review all of the information transferred to your target event