Session list displays in a chronological order. Starting with Agenda 3 the session list can be configured to display varying level of detail or content.
In addition to the main session list, you can add additional ones. Configuration options are identical.
This section controls how track sessions are displayed in-app.
- All: When expanding a master session, all track sessions will be displayed in order no matter whether they were targeted to the current user or they signed up for any of the sessions. This is the default setting.
- Targeted or registered only: sessions will be displayed. If participant hasn't signed up for any sessions all sessions will be displayed.
- None: tapping on the session from the list will open the session detail page with the description, speakers and track sessions (if any)
- Automatically expand track sessions: when enabled, all track sessions will be visible to the participant.
Tip: If you have multiple breakout sessions and participants need to sign up for one session per breakout use Targeted or registered only with Automatically expand track sessions.
Tip: If you want to highlight the topic or the speakers of your breakouts, use None. This will first display the session page and track sessions below.
Session rows with different levels of detail
Session list can be configured to hide or display different information. By default, tags and speakers will be de.
- Registration checkmarks: Green checkmark appears next to sessions which participants have signed up to, or are targeted at them. (first session above)
- Tags: All session's tags are displayed below the name. (first and third session above)
- Presenter's photos: Only Speakers' photos are displayed. Chairs and Moderators are not. (third and fourth session above)
- End time: Optionally end time of a session can be also displayed. For readability, use only if your sessions don't run one after another.
Tip: If all sessions in your agenda are personalised (targeted), uncheck Registration checkmarks.
Tip: If you have two or less tags, consider not showing them at all by unchecking Tags.
Tip: To change text of the second line displayed below session name, go to Setup > Metadata Manager > Session > Expand representations > 2nd line. You can map it to any other metadata field.
Depending on the data available and complexity of the agenda you may want to allow users to filter the content themselves based on their interests from within the app.
- Enable in-app filtering: You can toggle in-app filtering on or off.
- Filter by registration status: Allows participants to see only sessions they are registered to.
- Filter by tags: Allows participants to see only sessions with tags they select.
- Filter by bookmarks: Allows participants to see only sessions they have bookmarked.
- Filter by metadata field: Allows participants to filter sessions based on metadata fields you select. This works only for choice and choice-list fields. Use this with custom fields.
In-app filtering screen
Depending on the type of sessions and content, you can choose to display only a subset of data to participants.
Tip: While this works with the main session list, you might want to create an additional list instead and apply filters there.
Tip: If you want to filter sessions by tag, use contains some of check. This will match all sessions that have any of selected selected tag.
Additional Session Lists
Additional session lists can be used to display only a subset of the main session list.
It could be used to create a list of only bookmarked sessions, or only sessions that have a specific tag or special metadata field.
To create a new session list:
- Navigate to Sessions > Preferences in Backstage
- Click + button next to Custom lists
- Configure the list and click Save
- Create a Generic item launcher in the main menu, on the app home screen or as a content page.