Note: Home Feed will become default on July 25, 2018, until then you can optionally install it on your events/workspaces.
To install Home Feed, in Backstage, navigate to:
- Setup > Manage features > Packages
- Find home-feed in the module dropdown and install it
- Navigate to Setup > Event settings > App Preferences
- Under Home launcher remove current selection for Item to open, and instead choose Nav > Home feed
- Under Home feed select or create a new feed that will be used on the home screen
- Synchronize and restart your iOS or Android app
You can adjust posting, liking and commenting permissions and other standard Feed options from Backstage > Feeds > Home.
Reverting to grid-based home screen
You can at any time revert to previous, grid-based home screen. For that, in Backstage, navigate to:
- Setup > Event settings > App Preferences
- Click on X next to "Home feed"
- Choose Navs from the first dropdown that will appear again
- Choose Home (grid)
- Search works on participant and speaker names, sessions titles
- Search is available only online