The Home Feed refers to the feed of posts that is visible on the Home screen of the app.
The Home Feed by default combines all posts from all the feeds in the workspace.
Backstage users can configure which posts or feeds will appear there, which participants will be able to see them, and how app users will be able to interact with the posts.
Excluding feeds from the Home Feed
The Home Feed by default combines and displays all posts from the workspace.
The Home Feed configuration however allows Backstage users to exclude any feeds that they do not want to display in the Home Feed.
To configure this in Backstage:
- Go to the Feed module, then select the Home Feed in the list.
- Go to the Preferences tab to display the Home Feed settings.
- Select the feeds to be excluded from the Home screen, using the drop-down list:
Note: When feeds are combined into the Home Feed, backstage users can still create launchers for individual feeds to allow app users to access feeds individually.
Home Feed targeting
Backstage users can configure targeting for the Home Feed, in order to decide exactly which feeds will be seen by specific participants or groups of participants in the Home screen.
This can be used to create feeds for user groups around shared interests, set up topic-based discussion boards, or even tailor the Home screen to display feeds adapted to the various language groups within the workspace.
To learn how to configure targeting, please refer to Managing Feeds and Posts.
Home Feed interaction
App users can post into any feeds directly from the Home feed, simply by creating the post and choosing the feed to post to in the drop-down list.
Backstage users can configure posting, liking, and commenting permissions, as well as many other options, from the Feeds module.
For more information on configuring feed interaction, please refer to Managing Feeds and Posts.
Other Home page configurations
In addition to the Home feed, the grid-based Home screen configuration is still available.
To set it up:
- In Backstage, go to Setup > Features > Packages.
- Install the home-skeleton module.
- Sync and restart the app to finish the setup.
- If the Home feed is configured to display posts from multiple feeds, then the posts
will always be displayed in chronological order.
- Search works on participant and speaker names, sessions titles and locations.
- Search is only available online.