All sessions in the agenda are ordered by their start time. If you have a main session like a workshop with several parallel sessions happening at the same time you might notice the sessions in-app appear in the order they were created.
You can force a specific order in which sessions appear by adding a new metadata field:
- Navigate to Setup > Manage metadata
- Choose Session from the dropdown at the top of the page
- Click Add a new field in the toolbar and scroll to the bottom of the page
- Find the newly created field in the list (it will have name starting with NEW), and update it so:
- For Label type Force order
- Replace text in the type dropdown with number
- Save changes
Now you can use the new Force order field on each session to override the default sorting.
Sessions with lowest Force order value will come at the top, if there isn't any then the start time will be used.