How much time it will take to get your branded app up and running on the stores, starting from scratch?
Please find below all important process milestones and their lead times which will allow you to get an idea of how the app publishing task fits in your project timeline.
Open a Developer Account
1. Applying for D-U-N-S Number. This is a mandatory step in order to open a developer account with Apple.
- After requesting a D-U-N-S Number, please allow up to 5 business days to receive your number.
- Once you receive your D-U-N-S Number, please allow up to 2 business days for Apple to receive this information.
- Once the above is completed, it will take 14 days more, before you can start using your D-U-N-S number.
* Please note that the timelines above are not guaranteed, nor SpotMe can take any ownership or responsibility for third-party actions. In rare occasions the whole process of obtaining the D-U-N-S number may take up to 30 days.
2. Apple Developer account registration
- An Apple Developer account is required. The enrollment procedure along with additional information can be found here: https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/
- Opening a developer account with Apple may take anywhere from 3 to 10 days. It depends on the amount of queries Apple has in line. In case you cross 4 days waiting, call them up and ask for a status update.
3. Google Developer account registration
- To open an account with Google you need to go through the steps listed here: https://play.google.com/apps/publish/
- It can take up to 1 business day to get your Google developer account up and running.
Container App Branding
- If your Designer team will be creating the app branding, please note that this could be done while the account creation process is in progress.
- The lead time for creating a complete app branding at SpotMe is up to 3 business days.
App Submission to Stores
The SpotMe App Publishing team will submit the app to the App Store and Google Play within up to 2 business days upon confirmation of the branding.
The app's approval on the App Store could take up to a week.