This page describes the process of transferring the ownership of an app to another developer account without removing the app from the App Store. When an app is transferred it will keep its reviews and ratings and users will still have access to future updates.
Step 1: Verify that the app can be transferred
The app must meet specific criteria to be transferable.
App transfer criteria
Before an app can be transferred it has to meet the following criteria:
Both the transferor and recipient accounts can’t be in a pending or changing state, and the latest version of their paid and free agreements in the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section must be accepted.
No version of the app can use an iCloud entitlement.
No version of the app can use a Passbook entitlement.
The App must have had at least one version that has been released to the App Store.
The app should have one of the following app statuses:
Ready for Sale
Prepare for Submission
Developer Removed from Sale
In-app purchase product IDs on the app can’t be the same as product IDs on any apps in the recipient’s account.
TestFlight beta testing should be turned off for all beta versions of the app.
Sandboxed Mac apps that share the Application Group Container Directory with other Mac apps cannot be transferred.
Step 2. Initiate the app transfer
Required role: Legal (Team Agent) / Account Holder
1. Log into App Store Connect.
2. Click "My Apps" on the homepage. A list of all apps will display. Select the app you want to transfer and scroll to the "Additional Information" section, click "Transfer App", then click "Done."
3. If the app meets all the criteria mentioned in the start of this article, click "Done". If the app doesn't meet all criteria, listed issues should be resolved.
4. Enter the Apple ID and Team ID for the recipient’s team agent, and click "Continue".
5. Read the terms, select "I have read and agree to the agreement presented above", and click "Request Transfer".
6. Click "Done" to return to the App Information page.
After you initiate the transfer, the app stays in its previous status, with the Pending App Transfer status added, until the recipient accepts it.
Please refer to the following page on how to accept an app transfer.
Step 1. Get your app ready to transfer
- The original account and all apps being transferred need to comply with all policy guidelines.
- Ensure that both Google Play developer accounts are registered and active.
- Find your account Transaction ID - to find the transaction ID, search the target account owner's email inbox for “developer registration fee.”
Step 2. Submit a transfer request
After you've completed the steps above, you are ready to submit your transfer request. The Google support team reviews and replies to transfer requests within 2 business days.