Participant matching is a paid module. Contact your administrator, SpotMe support or your account manager to find out more about the pricing.
Use Participant matching to connect like-minded users and create new networking opportunities.
Set up a matching list
To get started with the Participant matching you need to first setup a matching list. A matching list defines which users will be suggested as matches together with some appearance settings.
Creating a matching list is easy:
- Navigate to Participant matching in Backstage
- Click Create
- Configure the list
- Name: this is used only in Backstage when you link to the list
- List title: this will be the name of the screen when displayed in the app
- Eligible users: setup rules to restrict which users will be displayed as potential matches. You can use this to exclude departments.
- Match threshold (%): this setting controls minimum threshold for users to appear as a match (in percents). We recommend keeping this at 25% but you may want to tweak it based on the number of your users and the type of responses you get.
- Form: Leave empty unless you have a quiz created already
Set up the quiz
After saving the matching list information, you will be redirected to Form editor where you can setup a quiz that users will be asked to fill out. Responses to this form will be used to determine similarity between users and build the matching list.
Note: Participant matching compares only responses to Choice component (single and multiple choice), other components are currently not supported.
Link the module in the app
Once you have the matching list and the quiz set up, you can add the link to the matching list to the app.
- Navigate to menu editor in Backstage
- Under Add a custom item section choose Participant matching launcher
- Select your matching list
- Adjust labels and icons if needed
This will add a new menu entry in the app that will allow app users to see their matches and fill out the form.
Now that the launcher has been added to the app participants can fill out the quiz and get matched.
How to get a match:
- Navigate to My Matches menu entry
- If this is the first time opening the module, user will be asked to fill out the quiz
- If this is not the first time, user will either see the list of matches or a message asking them to come again when matches are ready
- Participants will get a notification when their matches are available
Participant matching works by comparing responses of users to a shared quiz. The more their responses are similar the higher the match is.
In order for the system to create personalised matching lists, it needs a minimal set of users to fill out the shared quiz so it can display at least one match per user.
Participant matching supports workspaces with up to 1000 users.