The Leads module is designed to help exhibitors capture more leads from participants during events. It allows sales representatives to easily scan SpotMe QR codes on participants’ event badges or apps.
Scanning the code copies the event participant’s information into a pre-configured lead evaluation form. This form appears on-screen after scanning and can be directly completed by the representative with additional lead information, before being saved.
To note, the lead evaluation form exists as a default form, but can be tailored to the exhibitor's needs depending on the information that they wish to collect.
Stored leads can be found in the Leads section of the app, and can be edited at any time by the representative. Captured leads can be downloaded via Backstage as an Excel file, and easily imported into another system.
Leads is a paid (advanced) module. Contact your administrator, SpotMe support or your account manager to find out more about the pricing.
Setting up the Leads module
To use Leads, app users will need to be set-up as representatives in the Sponsors module in Backstage. This will give them access to the Leads tab in the app menu:
- In the workspace main menu, in the Content category, select the Sponsors module.
- In the List tab, select the sponsor that the representative should be added to.
Here we will select Acme sponsor:
- On the right of the screen, in the Representatives field, either choose a representative among the existing app users of the workspace, or create a user who will become a representative for the sponsor:
The selected representative will now be able to see the Leads tab in the workspace at the bottom of the app menu.
Note: The app user may need to restart their app in order to activate Leads in the workspace.
Editing or creating the lead evaluation form
The Leads module comes with a default lead evaluation form that can be modified like any other form in Backstage. To add a new form to be used for a specific sponsor, you can either duplicate the default form and then customize it, or simply create a new form.
Please refer to the Getting started with forms article for more information on creating or editing forms.
If you are creating a new form or editing an existing form, for a lead evaluation form please make sure that you enable the Model Editor behavior and disable Survey response generator behavior:
- Go to the Forms module, and in the List forms tab, click on the form that you want to edit to open the View form tab:
- in the Display template field to the right of the screen, click on the associated form template (in blue):
- In the template page, in the central pane, click on the Behaviour button to expand the form behaviour options:
- Make sure that the Survey response generator behavior is not present in the Added to this page list, and if necessary add the Model editor behavior:
- In the Added on this page behaviors, you can remove behaviors by selecting the trash can icon.
- You can add behaviors to the Added on this page list, by clicking on Available new behaviours (below the Added on this page section), and then selecting the behavior to add in the list by clicking on the corresponding + icon.
Linking the lead evaluation form to the Sponsor
Once the lead evaluation form is created, go to the Sponsors module, select the sponsor that you wish to link the lead evaluation form to, and then select the lead evaluation form in the Lead form drop-down list:
This will be the form that the sponsor representative(s) will fill in when scanning leads.
Accessing, editing and downloading captured leads
To access the list of captured leads, in Backstage, go to the Leads module.
To export the list of captured leads, click on the Export XLS button to the right of the screen.
You can access and edit the information for each captured lead by clicking on the lead's first name:
Using the Leads module in the app
To scan badges using the Leads module in the app, representatives simply need to:
- Open the Leads module via the app menu.
- Tap Scan.
- Scan a SpotMe QR code.
- Complete the linked lead evaluation form that opens after scanning.
- Save the captured lead information by tapping Save.
In the Leads module, Representatives can view all the leads they have personally captured by tapping My leads, and can view the full list of leads captured in the workspace by selecting All leads:
- A representative can be assigned to only one sponsor at a time.
- The QR code format and scanning process to be used needs to be confirmed with SpotMe prior to using the module.
- Standard supported QR codes are:
- Personalized in-app QR codes (accessed by users via Contacts > + Add).
- QR codes generated by Backstage (