The below article describes the dashboard that is present only on workspaces that were created before February 14, 2023. For your more recent workspaces, please refer to the new workspace dashboard and analytics.
The workspace dashboard is the first screen that you will see when you access a workspace, and can serve as a starting point when adding content and building up or managing a workspace.
The dashboard also provides a high-level overview of data such as user activity and engagement (posts, messages and bookmarks), agenda sessions, document downloads, workspace adoption rates, and much more.
This article will provide an overview of the various components of the dashboard.
Starting from left to right and top to bottom, the workplace dashboard displays:
- The workspace main menu. This includes the main functionalities that can be accessed in the workspace, grouped into main categories. More information on this is provided below in the Workspace main menu section.
- The number of app users (participants) invited to the workspace, and the number of activated users. Clicking here will display the Users module of the workspace.
More information on this is provided in the Adding app users to the workspace article.
- The number of sessions added to the workspace agenda. Clicking here will open the Sessions module of the workspace.
More information on this is provided in the Adding sessions to the agenda article.
- The workspace analytics shortcut, which will open the Analytics section of the workspace.
- The usage report download shortcut, where you can get a full report of how the workspace is being used by the app users.
- A representation of the active users, showing the number of workspace activations and the number of active users for a selectable period of time.
- A representation of the workspace user engagement, showing for a selectable period of time some of the users' activities in the workspace (feed posts, booth scans, notes taken, shared contacts, etc.).
- The adoption rate for the workspace. This includes:
Activated: The percentage of all users (invited and not yet invited) who have accessed the event
Contacted: The percentage of invited users who have not yet accessed the event.
Others: The percentage of users who have not yet been invited to the event.
Conversion: The percentage of invited users who have accessed the event.
More information on inviting app users will be provided later on in this Getting started series, in the Inviting app users to the workspace article.
- The total number of self registered attendees, i.e. attendees that registered vie a registration page, as well as the number of pending registration requests.
- The number of self registered attendees broken down per day. The examined period can be modified here.
- The Help button, that contains links to the following information:
Contacting our support team for any assistance you may need.
The present Getting started section of the knowledge base.
The latest release notes articles.
- Button to access to the Backstage user profile and the organization pages, described previously in the Backstage home page article.
Note: Clicking on the SpotMe icon to the top left of the screen will open the Backstage home page, and clicking on the refresh button to the top right of the screen will refresh the data on the dashboard page.
Workspace main menu overview
The Backstage main menu provides access to all the functionalities in Backstage used to build and mange the workspace, that are grouped into categories. Each category contains its own corresponding set of buttons used to access individual functionalities or modules.
The menu items displayed can also depend on the modules installed on the workspace:
- Design: Home / App menu / Theme editor / Emails
- Content: Users / Speakers / Sessions / Pages / Forms / Documents / Files / Sponsors
- Live: Live streams / Feeds / Notifications / Conversations / Leaderboard / Meetings
- Analytics: Insights + tabs for each content type.
- Marketplace: Categories for each type of module available
- Settings: General / Team / Metadata / Create a template from the workspace / Features / Notes / Translations
Continue to the Accessing/viewing the app article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.