Form submissions are tracked in order to provide you with completiton statistics, temporarily store incomplete submissions and question personalization. While form responses displayed in Backstage are anonymised, Excel exports provide your more details on each user that submitted them. This article explains you how to anonymize Excel exports.
In this article, anonymization refers to removal of hidden participant-related fields from display. If a form requires a user to explicitly enter their personal information, that data will not be anonymised.
Form submissions sent before the behaviour was added won't be anonymized in the export.
Export anonymization needs to be enabled on individual forms by adding Anonymous results behaviour:
- Navigate to your form in Backstage
- Expand Behaviours section
- Expand Available new behaviors section
- Click on Anonymous results
- Optionally configure which user fields to anonymize, leave blank to anonymize all user fields
- Click Save