Public login allows users to sign-up directly in the app through a customizable form.
The user needs to go through the steps below to register in the app using public registration.
- Open the app and click on Get started.
- Log into your email inbox on your device, open the verification email received and click on the unique activation link to verify your email address.
- Your event will immediately start loading in the app.
To ensure successful app access through public registration, the below requirements must be met:
- All login details requested in the app must be entered correctly.
- The public login bundle must be installed on the workspace.
- The public login screen must be set up on the container app.
- If an access code is defined, the corresponding field must be added to the app's activation page.
- Users must have access to their email inboxes on the devices that the app is installed on (if email verification is enabled).
- The workspace status must be set to "Production".
Public login is a preferred activation method in the following cases:
- When the event is open for everyone to attend.
- When event attendees' email addresses are not collected prior to the meeting.
- When participants will be using their own devices for the meeting.
- When access needs to be granted only to a single specific event.
To add public registration on your container app:
- Open the container app in the App Manager.
- Navigate to the Screens section.
- Click on the + to add a new login method and choose Public login:
- Create the activation in-app form by defining what credentials the users must enter into the app.
To limit access to the event, add an access code which is pre-defined in the workspace.
The "field" name must match the respective metadata field in the workspace.
- Fill out the activation screen endpoint.
- Set up the container app translations.