Email and password, also known as "account login" is an activation method that can be set-up on events to allow a manual log-in approach.
It requires two-step verification via email only the first time a user logs in.
The user needs to go through the steps below to activate the app using Email and password login.
- Open the app and click on Get Started.
- Click on Log in manually, enter your email address and click on Continue.
- Log into your Mail app on your device and open the activation email sent to you.
- Click on the unique activation link to initiate the activation process.
- You will get a list of events your email address is registered for. Click on an event to get access to it.
After the initial activation of the user account, email verification is no longer required.
To ensure successful app activation through Account login, the below requirements must be met:
- Users' email addresses must be registered in Backstage.
- The email address entered in the app must match the one available in Backstage.
- Passwords are defined by the users.
- The workspace status must be set to "Production".
- Users must have access to their emails on the device the app is installed on to access the activation link only during the initial account verification.
Email and password login is a preferred activation method in the following cases:
- When users must get access to all their events in a single app after activation (multi-event login).
- When the preference is towards account-based activation process controlled by the users by setting their own secure app password.
To set up an Email and password login on your container app: