Third-party login (3PL) allows SpotMe to connect with any proprietary authentication system or identity provider.
The user needs to go through the steps below to activate the app using Third-party login.
- Open the app and click on Get Started.
- You will get a list of events your email address is registered for. Click on an event to get access to it.
The activation is successful when the credentials entered into the app are cross-checked with the ones available in the back-end and confirmed.
To ensure successful app activation through Third-party login, the below requirements must be met.
- All login details requested in the app must be entered correctly.
- The respective 3PL package must be installed and set up on the workspace.
- The 3PL activation screen must be set up on the app.
- The defined API Endpoint must be correctly set up.
- The full user list must be available in Backstage.
- The workspace status must be set to "Production".
Third-party login is a preferred activation method in the following cases.
- When the preference is towards fast and effortless activation process without the need for email verification.
- When users should be able to access the app with their existing credentials (as opposed to creating new ones).
In the initial setup of the 3PL, developer documentation of the respective authentication system must be provided to SpotMe.
To add 3PL on your container app:
- Open the container app in the App Manager.
- Navigate to the Screens section.
- Click on the + to add a new login method and choose 3rd-party login:
- Create the activation in-app form by defining what credentials users must enter into the app.
The "field" name must match the respective metadata field in the workspace.
- Fill out the API Endpoint.
- Set up the container app translations.
Third-party login can be customized to load all events upon activation or directly log into a pre-defined workspace.