Note: This article applies to the "legacy" version of polling, which is deprecated. Please use the new live session polling. More information.
You can configure the poll's look and feel by creating a new theme. This will determine how the poll will look in the Live view and in the app.
To create a new theme, click on Create new theme in the Polling menu, or click on the Create button in the Theme section of the poll's details.
Live view look and feel
The following options are available when configuring the theme for the Live view look and feel:
- Theme name.
- Font family.
- Countdown bar color.
- Question statement background color.
- Question statement text color.
- Question statement font size - Fullscreen.
- Question statement - Not full screen.
- Choices statements background color.
- Choices statements text color.
- Choices statements font size.
- Results bar color.
- Results count text color.
- Results count font size.
- Right choice color.
More information on image recommendations is available below in the Image size and format recommendations section.
- Question mode background image.
- Choices mode background image.
- Results mode background image.
The above properties are applied as follows in the Live view:
Note: If background images are selected when configuring the theme, they are used instead of the background colors. If no theme is configured, a default theme with the colors used in the above screenshots is applied to the poll.
In-app look and feel
The apps by default inherit the configured workspace theme, and apply it as follows:
Image size and format recommendations
There are two types of images that can be used in Live polling. Please see below their recommended formats and sizes.
Note: Images must not exceed 250kb, otherwise they cannot be uploaded.
We also recommend that the images are in JPEG format.
Live view background images
This is for the question mode, choice mode, and results mode images.
These are the live screen background images that can be configured for use in the theme options for the poll, and will be displayed behind the question statement, choices, or results. Please note that:
- They will by default replace any colors that you select for the poll background theme.
- The actual poll questions, choices, etc. will be displayed over this image, so it should not contain any visual information other than the workspace or organization branding, as it may be hidden.
- The image format and resolution should match that of the screen being used.
The most common formats would be either standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9, and the resolution of the image needs to be suitable for the size of the screen.
Poll question images
This is for the question images and choice images.
Poll question images are configured in the question component of the poll. Their format is 4:3, and there are two types:
Question component image:
This is the image that can be associated with a question. It is a larger image that is placed beneath the question and takes up most of the screen. Recommended size for this is 1600x1200px.
Answer image (in the question component):
These are smaller images that can be associated with the answers available as part of the question component.
These images are smaller. Recommended size for this is 320x240px.
Once you've finished creating the poll and adjusting its look and feel, read on to learn how to run your polling session.
Please sign in to leave a comment.