In addition to the Inviting app users to the workspace article, here you'll find more detailed information on the Emails module in Backstage.
The Emails module is accessible via the Design category of the workspace menu. You will find five tabs that are used to manage and monitor the emails sent from your workspace:
We'll go through each of these tabs below.
In the Templates tab, you can manage all the existing email templates for your workspace, as well as create new ones. The templates are displayed in a list, and you can select any template in order to open it and modify it.
By default, you will see the standard SpotMe email templates (for app and web app), which can be reused. As explained in the Inviting app users to the workspace article, you can also create your own email templates, either by modifying an existing default template or by clicking on New template.
In the Logs tab, you can see a full list of all the emails sent from your workspace:
This list includes the following information for each individual email sent:
- Email address of the recipient.
- Subject of the email.
- Attempt, i.e. when the email was sent.
- Status of the email:
- Sent: Email was sent.
- Soft bounced: Recipient's inbox is full or email is too large.
- Bounced: Invalid email address.
- Clicks that the recipient made in the email received.
- Opens, i.e. the number of time the email was opened by the recipient.
- Wave, i.e. in which wave the email was sent out (if enabled).
You can also use the following buttons in the Logs tab to:
- Sync email statuses, in order to update the log.
- Generate XLS: This allows you to generate and then download an Excel report of the log.
- Details: Clicking here will display additional details for the individual email.
The Queue tab displays the emails that are scheduled to be sent out. Here, you can perform three actions on the queued emails:
- Refresh: Refresh the list of queued emails.
- Pause sending: This will stop the sending of the queued emails, until you restart it again.
- Empty: This will empty the list of queued emails, therefore cancelling the emails which will not be sent.
Emails can be sent out in waves, or groups of emails, in order to optimize performance and ensure that emails are sent out in due time.
The Waves tab displays the waves that are scheduled to be sent out. You can use the Refresh button here to update the waves in this tab.
The settings for the waves can be modified in the Preferences tab, where you can also enable or disable the use of waves for your emails.
The preferences tab can be used to:
- Configure the number of emails that should be included in a wave.
- Choose the waiting period between starting to send out the waves of emails (in minutes).
- Enable/disable the use of waves for sending emails.