The Emails module is used to create and manage the email templates that will be used in your event. It also allows you to review the status of emails sent out via your workspace.
It is accessible via the Design category of the workspace menu:
How to send out emails
You can send out emails to all or specific parts of your audience from the workspace in Backstage. To learn how to send emails from Backstage, please refer to the How to send an email to a participant.
Remember that only Backstage users with the "manager" role in the workspace are able to send emails from the workspace.
Additional information specific to using links in your emails is available in the How to use links in emails article.
More information on ensuring that emails sent from Backstage are safely received by your participant is also available in the My participants do not receive emails sent through Backstage and the Configuring email systems for app activation articles.
How to create and manage my email templates
In the Templates tab, you can manage all the existing email templates for your workspace, as well as create new ones. The templates are displayed in a list, and you can select any template in order to open it and modify it.
By default, you will see the standard SpotMe email templates, which can all be reused and edited. Up to 20 custom email templates can be created in a workspace.
More information on accessing email templates, editing them, or creating new ones is available in the new email editor article.
How to see the status of my mailings
The Mailings tab allows you to see the status of the emailing campaigns in your workspace:
Here you can see a full list of ell emails sent, with columns in the list for:
- The name of the email template used for the campaign.
- The status of the emailing campaign: Scheduled (+date and time) / Sending / Sent / Cancelled.
- The target audience.
- The total number of recipients.
- The number of opens.
- The number of clicks.
- The date when the email campaign was sent (when already sent).
From here you can also use the red trashcan button to cancel any scheduled email campaigns.
You can also select any individual mailing in the list (click on the template name) to open the mailing details tab:
Note: If you are sending emails to a large audience that is internal to an organization, we recommend that you ensure that the organization's system is able to manage the volume of emails that will be sent out. The SpotMe platform will automatically create batches when sending out large volumes of emails. This can cause slight delays, and as such you may wish to send the invitation email a safe time before the start of the event.
In the Logs tab, you can see a full list of all the emails that were already sent from your workspace, and what is their status. This includes any automated emails sent during the registration process.
This list includes the following information for each individual email sent:
- Email address of the recipient.
- Subject of the email.
- Attempt, i.e. when the email was sent.
- Status of the email:
- Sent: Email was sent.
- Soft bounced: Recipient's inbox is full or email is too large.
- Bounced: Invalid email address.
- Deferred: Recipient's email service is delaying or not allowing the email through (is overloaded, thinks the email is spam, or has a technical issue).
- Clicks that the recipient made in the email received.
- Opens, i.e. the number of time the email was opened by the recipient.
- Details of the individual email.
You can also use the following buttons in the Logs tab to:
- Sync email statuses, in order to update the log.
- Generate XLS: This allows you to generate and then download an Excel report of the log (using the Export XLS button).