The Emails module is used to create and manage the email templates that will be used in your event. It also allows you to review the status of emails sent out via your workspace.
It is accessible via the Design category of the workspace menu.
How to send out emails
You can send out emails to all or specific parts of your audience from the workspace in Backstage. To learn how to send emails from Backstage, please refer to the How to send an email to a participant.
Additional information specific to using links in your emails is available in the How to use links in emails article.
More information on ensuring that emails sent from Backstage are safely received by your participant is also available in the My participants do not receive emails sent through Backstage and the Configuring email systems for app activation articles.
How to create and manage my email templates
In the Templates tab, you can manage all the existing email templates for your workspace, as well as create new ones. The templates are displayed in a list, and you can select any template in order to open it and modify it.
By default, you will see the standard SpotMe email templates, which can be reused.
As explained in the Inviting app users to the workspace article, you can also create your own email templates, either by modifying an existing default template or by clicking on New template.
How to see my mailings
The Mailings tab allows you to see the progress being made for sending out a mailing, or batch of emails, to your event participants.
How to see my email logs
In the Logs tab, you can see a full list of all the emails sent from your workspace:
This list includes the following information for each individual email sent:
- Email address of the recipient.
- Subject of the email.
- Attempt, i.e. when the email was sent.
- Status of the email:
- Sent: Email was sent.
- Soft bounced: Recipient's inbox is full or email is too large.
- Bounced: Invalid email address.
- Deferred: Recipient's email service is delaying or not allowing the email through (is overloaded, thinks the email is spam, or has a technical issue).
- Clicks that the recipient made in the email received.
- Opens, i.e. the number of time the email was opened by the recipient.
- Details of the individual email.
You can also use the following buttons in the Logs tab to:
- Sync email statuses, in order to update the log.
- Generate XLS: This allows you to generate and then download an Excel report of the log (using the Export XLS button).