When enabled by your account administrator, you can live stream a webinar from Zoom to your virtual event.
To do so, you will first need to enable streaming (to be done by an admin). Once this is done you can start streaming.
Prerequisite: enabling custom streaming (Admin)
For you to stream your Zoom meeting or webinar to SpotMe, your account admin will first need to enable live streaming meetings or webinars to a custom platform. More information is available here on how to do this.
Stream your Zoom meeting
Starting the stream
To live stream your meeting or webinar via SpotMe:
- Start the meeting/webinar as usual.
- Click the More button in the host controls.
- Choose Live on Custom Live Stream Service.
If you do not see this option check the instructions above.
- Enter the values as provided from Backstage when asked by Zoom:
Copy RTMPS endpoint URL from Backstage to Streaming URL, and the Stream key into Streaming key field. For Live streaming page URL you can use any URL, such as https://spotme.com.
- If you are using Zoom webinar, click Start broadcast in Zoom.
- Go to Backstage and wait for the preview to start. It may take up to 30 seconds for the preview to appear in Backstage.
- Once you see preview in Backstage, you can click on Go live to show the stream to your audience.
Ending the stream
To end the live stream:
- Click End stream in Backstage.
- Choose when you want the on-demand version of video to be published:
- Choose now for the video to be published as soon as it's ready.
- Choose later to publish the video later, once you are ready to do so.
- End your Zoom meeting.