For sessions where teams and/or speakers want to talk to each other via a video call, SpotMe offers video breakouts.
The purpose of this article is therefore to help prevent running into any avoidable issues during a live event, by verifying that your users follow the below requirements.
Required internet speeds
In general: the higher your internet speed is, the better quality of video and audio you will receive.
|One on One Meetings||At least 2.0 Mbps outbound and 2.5 Mbps inbound or higher|
|Four or more participants||At least 3.2 Mbps outbound and 3.2 Mbps inbound are required||Due to the way peer to peer connections are designed, the more participants you add to the call the higher bandwidth you will need.|
If you are having an issue accessing the breakout or you are seeing a network issue being reported, please visit https://test.webrtc.org/ to find potential issues with your network.
Right now we do not recommend using a VPN for video breakouts.
Because our service is using peer to peer connections, not having a consistent IP address can cause problems connecting to rooms, or in some cases a specific guest in the room.
Our recommendation is to temporarily turn off your VPN when having video breakouts, and then turn it back on after finishing the meeting.
Video breakouts support following up-to-date browsers:
- Chromium-based browsers:
- Safari (Version 11 and above) - partially supported for breakouts, some functionalities may not work).
- Microsoft Edge 80 and above (Chromium based version only), some functionalities may not work).
Internet Explorer is not supported.
If facing an issue using the video breakout such as:
- Users unable to access the breakout.
- Poor connection and sound with video.
- Unsupported browser error message.
- Camera, microphone is not working.
Please take a look at the information provided above, and read our troubleshooting article. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you can raise a support request with the SpotMe support team. When raising the support ticket, please make sure that you provide the network details of the video breakout by following these steps:
- Right click on the streaming video.
- Select Inspect.
- Go to the tab -> Network.
- Copy the details and paste them into the support request.
If you need more help, feel free to reach to our support team.