Our customers praise the support and reactivity of our Event Coordinators. Their platform know-how and empathy is what ensures successful live sessions.
Your tasks as an Event Coordinator
When joining our team of Event Coordinators, you will be allocated to the following tasks:
- Schedule and deliver speaker briefing sessions.
- Run speaker green rooms during live sessions.
- Be the main point of contact of the client during live sessions, handling platform updates and user escalations.
- Support clients with live interactivity and user support during their events, either remotely or onsite.
This role can potentially lead up to a Project Manager position (still freelance based).
Your application and assessment
Part 1 - Backstage assessment
As part of your application, you will receive an email with a link to access to our CMS, called Backstage.
Once you've received the link, we'd like you to perform a few basic tasks in Backstage, as well as provide us with some screen recordings of how you proceeded. This is explained in the two parts below, with the delivery instruction in part 2.
Part 1.A - Backstage onboarding
First, you'll need to follow our step-by-step onboarding in Backstage, to become familiar with the platform. To do so:
- Create a new workspace in Backstage, selecting the Onboarding template.
- Go through the onboarding (you'll see the prompts on the screen) and complete the workspace checklist. Links to resources on the knowledge base are provided throughout the onboarding for more guidance.
Once you have completed the onboarding and feel familiar with the platform, move on to part 1.B below.
Part 1.B - Backstage commented tasks & recording
Now that you are familiar with Backstage, we'd like you to choose a scenario or combination of tasks that you will perform while recording your screen, and then send us the recordings so we can see how you proceeded. To do so:
- Provide a brief (one sentence) description of the combination of tasks you will be performing and recording. Choose between any combination of the "Live" and "Content" tasks listed below in the Backstage how-tos section. Please choose one "Live" task and one "Content" task.
This is an open assignment, so feel free to choose any tasks you wish. If possible, think of a real-life scenario that you are dealing with. Here are some examples to help you imagine a scenario:
- Last minute change to a session: Modify a session time and send a notification informing the participants of the change.
- Need to change who (among participants) can see a session in their agenda: Modify a user's profile information and target a session to only that user or several specific users.
- Record a 1-minute screen-recording video of you performing the tasks you have described. Please use a tool that will allow you to record your screen as you perform the tasks, and also allow you to audio comment/film yourself as you work on Backstage. You can use tools such as Loom, CloudApp or Zoom for this.
Once you have performed and recorded the tasks, move on to part 2 below.
Part 2 - Sending in your assessment
Once you have completed part 1 above, please send via email to email@example.com:
- The url to your Backstage workspace.
- The short description of your scenario/tasks.
- Your 1 min video recording (as a hosted video URL or an attachment).
- A screenshot of a speed test ran from your computer.
Running speaker briefings:
- Preparing your speakers
- How to use StreamYard
- What can go wrong with StreamYard
- How to use Zoom
- Polling and Q&A for speakers