Once you have created your event, you will need to email your audience, in particular to invite them to the event.
Note: Only Backstage users with the "manager" role in the workspace are able to send emails from the workspace.
To send an email to a participant, follow the below steps:
- Go to the list of participants in the workspace, via Content > Users.
- Find the specific participant in the list (you can use the search feature to find the participant).
- Check the box to the left of the participant's name, then click on Send email:
- In the following window, you can select first what email you wish to send (here we have selected the standard "Event invitation" email), and to which attendees in your user list:
- Every user: All participants that are present in the workspace, regardless of whether they have already been invited, activated the app or not, or whether they are hidden or not.
- Uninvited users: All participants who have not yet received an invitation email to access or activate the event/app.
- Inactive users: All participants who have not yet activated the app or accessed the event.
- Activated users: All participants who have already activated the app or accessed the event.
- Selected users: All participants selected in the user list prior to clicking on Send email (per the example above).
- Targeted users: Send only to participants that are targeted using specific metadata in the user profiles: "mailertarget1", "mailertarget2", "mailertarget3", "position" or "company" metadata.
- Once you've selected the email and the recipients, click on Send to send the email.
As a safety measure, the system will inform you of the number of recipients the email will be sent to, and you'll need to confirm the send.
If you are sending emails to a large audience that is internal to an organization, we recommend that you ensure that the organization's system is able to manage the volume of emails that will be sent out.
The SpotMe platform will automatically create batches when sending out large volumes of emails. This can cause slight delays, and as such you may wish to send the invitation email a safe time before the start of the event.
More information on editing emails and inviting participants to your event is available in the Inviting participants to your event article (part of our Getting started series).
More information on using the Email module is also available in the Emails article.