Follow the below steps to send out a notification in your event:
- In the workspace main menu, go to Live > Notifications, and click on New notification.
- In the New notification window, enter the information for your notification:
In this notification we will:
- Send the notification on behalf of a speaker (by typing in the speaker's name as free text in the Sender field).
- Add a message encouraging participants to register for a session, using the Message field:
"Our live stream is about to start – tap here to access the session page!". (You can also paste emojis into the message field).
- Choose when to send the notification. Here we will send it now. We could have also chosen to send the notification later by entering a precise date, or to just save it and send it later.
- Attaching the speaker's photo as the sender's photo. We could alternatively have attached the event's logo here if we were sending this on behalf of the event.
- Link the notification to the live stream session itself, so when participants open and tap the notification it will take them straight to the session. You can add links to any kind of content in the event, or online content (by creating a document that contains the URL to the online content).
- Once the above information has been entered, click on Save to finalize and send or schedule the notification.
The above notification looks like this when received by participants:
More detailed information on using the Notifications module is available in the Notifications article