Dark mode is an entirely different variant of your event theme. It uses a dark color scheme for all backgrounds, bringing out your content and often making the screen elements easier on your audience's eyes.
Your event's theme colors are still used for your app menu and buttons, and your banners will make your brand identity stand out even more.
Important: Dark mode is primarily designed for use on the web app. If dark mode is enabled for your event, it will also be applied to participants using mobile apps. We recommend that you carefully verify how the dark mode displays on web app and on mobile app prior to going live, and make any necessary adjustments using the Theme editor. More information on this is also available in the Adjusting the dark mode colors section below.
You may also wish to download our standard app icons to use with dark mode.
How does dark mode look in my virtual event?
Activating the dark mode will change the event appearance in the web app:
How do I switch my event to dark mode?
You can easily use dark mode for the full duration of your virtual event, or just switch it on whenever it is appropriate:
- In your workspace menu, go to Design > Theme, and select the Appearance field:
- Select Dark, and then save your changes.
Adjusting the dark mode colors
Once you have switched to dark mode, you may wish to adjust the Background color field. In dark mode, this field is in fact used to change the color of the buttons in dark mode.
- On mobile app: it will change the color of the top bar text and icons (i.e. the back and search icons, as well as the write a post + floating button.
- On web app: it will change the color of the upload video/photo buttons, and the likes/comments.
Below you can see how the same workspace looks on mobile app (to the left) and on web app (to the right):
Other buttons than those shown above are also affected by this setting, so we recommend that you carefully look through the app on mobile and on web app when making your adjustments, to check that everything looks as it should.
We also recommend that you do not use dark colors for this setting, as they will not display well over the dark background.
Important: A feed post’s background color and text color cannot be changed if you have dark mode enabled. The post will by default use #252627 (black) as the background color and #FFFFFF (white) as text color.
- Enabling dark mode takes a few seconds in the web app. If you do not see it immediately, try performing a hard page reload (click on your browser's reload button while holding Shift key).
- Remember to preview how your event looks when using dark mode. You may need to adjust your icons to ensure that they display nicely with the dark theme, or adjust the Background color field in the them editor (as explained above). You can also download our standard app icons to use with dark mode below ⬇️
- A feed post’s background color and text color cannot be changed if you have dark mode enabled. The post will by default use #252627 (black) as the background color and #FFFFFF (white) as text color.