Have you been invited to speak during a session that will be live streamed through SpotMe Studio? That's great!
Below are some guidelines to help you get ready to join the discussion.
What do I need?
You'll need the following set-up to speak a live session:
- A laptop or desktop with a webcam and mic.
- A recent version of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera or Brave as your web browser.
- A strong internet connection. You must have a strong internet connection with at least 20mbps upload and download speed. If possible, connect to your router with an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi.
- We recommend wearing earbuds or headphones to prevent audio echoes while you are speaking.
How to join the live steam as a speaker?
- The host of the session will share a link with you before the session starts.
- At the appropriate time, click on the provided link to join the host in the studio.
- Make sure you have the correct camera and mic selected:
- Enter a display name. You can use your actual name or the name of your organization or brand, it's up to you.
- Hit Enter studio when you are ready. Once in the studio, you will appear in the speaker section below the main stream preview. You'll be able to watch and hear the stream broadcast, but others won't hear you and you won’t be part of the live broadcast until the host decides to add you in.
Once you are added to the broadcast by the host, you will be live and everyone will be able to see and hear you:
What can I do as a speaker in Studio?
- Switch on or off your camera at any time using the camera icon .
- Mute and unmute your mic while live, using the microphone icon . To unmute your mic while not live, you'll need to receive authorization from the host or moderator.
- Screen share content using the screen-share icon .
Screen-shared content is added to the room. It is not made live directly. The host (or moderator) will need to add the shared content to the preview or live broadcast when needed.
- Consult the Q&A and Poll tabs to the right of the screen to see upcoming questions/comments.
- Leave the studio, by clicking on the Leave the room button.
What is SpotMe Studio
How to create a live stream using Studio
How to use Studio as the host
How to invite a moderator to your live stream
How to invite speakers to your live stream
What actions can a host / moderator / speaker(s) do in Studio
How to share a PowerPoint