Moderators can assist the host during the live stream. Typically, the moderator will not participate as a speaker in the session, but will instead have a more behind the scene role that focuses on:
- Moderating Q&A / Launching polls.
- Managing live transitions between content or speakers that are being broadcasted.
Important: Moderators need to have a Backstage account and be logged in to perform moderation.
To invite a moderator to assist you with the live stream, you need to add them to the workspace team and give them "Viewer" permissions.
- In the workspace main menu go to Settings > Team.
- Here, you can enter the moderator's email address, and select Viewer in the Event permissions drop-down.
- Click on Add team member, the moderator will receive an email notification with their invitation. The email will contain a link for them to access the workspace.
- Once the moderator has logged into the workspace in Backstage, go to the live stream studio you want to invite the moderator to, click on the link 🔗 button
Copy the link and share it directly with the moderator so they can join the studio (the same as you would when inviting a speaker).
More information is available on what a host, moderator, and speaker can do in live streams.
What is SpotMe Studio
How to create a live stream using Studio
How to use Studio as the host
How to invite speakers to your live stream
What can a host, moderator, or speaker do in Studio
How can I join a live stream as a speaker
How to add a custom background to your stream
How to allow screen sharing for your browser on Mac
How to share a PowerPoint