Many different stakeholders can work on your events. This ranges from internal teams to external partners such as creative agencies, live stream producers, content agencies and many others.
Using the best practices below, you can securely and safely invite your external partners to collaborate with you on a specific Backstage workspace.
Sharing access with external partners
To share an access to your workspace with your external team, follow these steps:
- In your workspace, go to Settings > Team.
- In the Add a member section, type in the email address of your partner and select their access level. We recommend selecting Editor. (See more information on Backstage user roles)
- If this is the first time you are adding this partner to Backstage, you will be asked to create their Backstage account.
- Enter the partner's full name.
- Select your organization as their main organization.
- Select their role within your organization. We recommend selecting Guest.
(See more information on Backstage user roles)
If this is the first time the partner is being added to Backstage, they will receive an email asking them to create their Backstage account. If not, they will receive an automated email from Backstage letting them know that they now have access to your workspace.
If you want to help your partner focus only on a specific screen of Backstage, you can do so by modifying the link that you'll share with them.
- The recipient of this link needs to already have a Backstage account.
- A focused mode link helps you direct the recipient to the right section of Backstage, however they can still access any part of Backstage.
- Focused mode can be exited.
Access to a specific screen
- Navigate to the screen you want to share in Backstage.
- Copy the URL of the screen from your browser's URL bar.
?fullscreen=controllerto the end of the URL.
- Share the link with your partner.
For example, to access a specific session, the link would be something like:
Please sign in to leave a comment.