During a live stream using Studio, you can screen share videos with sound. This works on both Windows and on Mac.
To do so, when in the Studio room for the live stream, click on the Share screen button:
- If you are using Windows, you can share content using any of the three options available (Entire screen / Application window /Chrome tab). Simply remember to tick the Share audio box in the bottom left of the Share your screen window.
- If you are using a Mac, you can only share content that includes audio via a Chrome tab.
More information on how to proceed on Mac is available below.
Note: When sharing from a Chrome tab (with Mac or Windows), the shared content displays with a black border and will appear smaller on screen to your audience.
Tip: In Studio, if the sound is not activated on your video once you have started to share your screen, you will see a tooltip over the little red mute icon visible in the shared video thumbnail.
Screen sharing with audio on Mac, using a Chrome tab
On Mac, you can only share content that includes audio via a Chrome tab. As such, please see below the exact steps to follow:
- First, open the video you will share using Chrome.
You can drag and drop the video file or URL into a Chrome tab, or in Chrome click on File > Open file, and select the file. For now, do not make the video full-screen.
- Enter the room for the live stream, and click on the Share screen button.
- In the window, select the Chrome Tab, then in the list select the separate tab in Chrome where you have opened your video, and tick the Share audio box:
- Click on Share to start sharing the Chrome tab that displays the video.
At this point, make the video full screen, and remember to hit Play in the video when you start sharing it live. The video will play, with sound included.
Note: When screen sharing via a Chrome tab, you should keep the tab that is being shared in focus. Otherwise the screen might blink in the broadcast.