Using the mobile or web app, attendees can easily connect to one-another and exchange business cards at your event. This can be done via the app by sending a connection request, or by scanning business cards face-to-face using a QR code.
Once two attendees have connected, they will each be able to see one-another's contact details in the app, depending on the information entered in their user profiles: email addresses, phone numbers, etc.
How can attendees connect via the app?
An attendee can easily connect with another attendee via the app. Please see the below example:
- An attendee (Jamie) goes to the Community (or People) section of the app and selects a participant in the list that they wish to connect with (Juan).
This opens the participant's profile with only limited information available (contact details are not visible). From here the participant then clicks on/taps the Connect button:
- The Connect button will now indicate Pending to Jamie, up until until the connection request is accepted by Juan.
Simultaneously, Juan, will receive the connection request and have a notification saying that he has a connection request from Jamie:
- By opening the notification, Juan is taken to the connection request from Jamie, where he can either Accept or Ignore the request:
- If Juan accepts the request, the screen shows a Connected status for the connection request, and Jamie's contact info is made available to Juan:
At this point, both attendees can now see each others contact information, and each can see their saved contacts in the Saved contacts section of their app:
If Juan had ignored the connection request, then both attendees's contact details would not be shared, and they would not be added to the Saved contacts section of the app for the two attendees.
How can attendees scan business cards face to face?
Each attendee has their own contact details stored in a QR code in the app, and has the ability to scan other participants' QR codes in order to exchange business cards with them face-to-face.
To do so, an attendee simply needs to open the Scanner in the mobile app, by tapping the Scan item in the app menu.
Here they can:
- Tap Scan code, in order to scan an attendee's business card, or
- Tap My code, in order to display their own business card for other attendees to scan.
Whatever the method used, once an attendee has scanned another attendee's QR code, both attendees will have access to their contact details, which will be visible on the participants profile, and available in the Save contacts section of the app.
More information on how to create QR codes in participant badges in Backstage is available in the Creating interactive QR codes article. You can also create QR codes from third party event management platforms that can be scanned using the SpotMe app.
Please sign in to leave a comment.