The Cvent integration module allows you to easily build a bridge between your event in Cvent and the SpotMe platform.
This allows you to effectively use the SpotMe platform to build and manage an app for an event, based on data stored in your Cvent account, and to synchronize the data between both platforms.
In doing so, the module can receive data from Cvent and import it into Backstage, and can likewise push data from the SpotMe platform to the Cvent system.
Supported data types
The following data is supported by the module:
- Users (attendees, without photos).
- Speakers (with photos).
- Sessions (with tags, including guests).
- Registrations (two-way).
- Map locations.
Note: Two-way registration here means that when the user tries to register in the app to a session by clicking on the Register button, our system confirms with Cvent if we can register the specific user to the specific session.
Installing and connecting the Cvent integration module
The Cvent integration module can be installed on your workspace in Backstage from the SpotMe Marketplace.
After the installation, Backstage will take you directly to the Cvent integration module located in the Integration category of the Backstage main menu.
The first page displayed in the module is the Credentials page, where you can enter your Cvent credentials and the Cvent code for the event:
Note: The event code can be obtained on the Cvent website by clicking on the ⌄ icon next to Preview button.
After entering the above information, go to the Data types tab to begin synchronizing data.
Once you have entered the credentials, you can go to the Data types tab to display the types of data that can be synchronized, and see when they were last synced:
Here you can also:
- Import or export data integration configurations, by selecting the data type(s) and using the Export XLS or Import XLS buttons.
- Enable automatic synchronization of these data set using the Auto sync column (and determine the synchronization frequency).
- See a preview report of any data that you would wish to synchronize, by clicking on the relevant Preview button for a data type, and manually synchronize any selected data sets, by clicking on Sync:
Advanced data configuration
In the Data types tab, you can you can click on any data type to display and edit its configuration.
This opens the below View data configuration page, where you can:
- Add more data mapping. More information available in the Adding new data mapping section below.
- Apply filtering to the mapped data. More information available in the Filtering synchronized data section below.
- Configure the auto sync frequency.
- Use the Email subscribers field to receive periodic email summaries on the synchronization activity.
Adding new data mapping
The API data mapping section lists out the pre-configured data mapping that is specifically set-up for Cvent integration in Backstage.
We recommend that you do not modify these pre-set mappings.
However, you can add additional data mappings by following the below steps:
- Click on the blue + button, to add a new data mapping item at the end of the list:
- Now click on the newly created data mapping item to edit its details.
API field: Enter the data type you wish to map in Cvent.
SpotMe field: Enter the data type you wish to map in SpotMe.
- Click on Close to exit the window.
- Now click on Save in the View data config tab to save your changes.
Filtering synchronized data
In the View data config tab, you can apply filtering to any selected mapped data sets, in order to target only a specific data to be imported in the workspace during the sync.
Use the Filters fields to target the specific data in Backstage, by selecting the SpotMe data's corresponding metadata.
Only the SpotMe data matching the specified metadata criteria will be synced.
How do guests appear in the SpotMe app?
To support "Guest mode" in Cvent, attendee guest information can be imported as part of the session data into the SpotMe agenda.
In the SpotMe app agenda, the attendee will see the sessions, with both the attendee and their guest's name visible in the form of tags:
To enable this, go to Integrations, open the Sessions data type, and tick the Tag guest sessions check box:
Please not that guests are not synced as users in Backstage and do not have access to the app.
If you experience an ACCESS_DENIED error, please check the following:
- Check that the Cvent credentials are correct: Account Number, User Name, Password, Event Code.
- Check that the SpotMe proxy IP has been whitelisted on your Cvent account:
- On the client’s Cvent account, go to Admin > Integrations > SOAP API Usage.
- Click the Edit button next to the API username.
- Check that the IP address 220.127.116.11 is on the list.