When enabled by your account administrator, you can live stream a webinar or meeting from MS Teams to your SpotMe event app. To do so, you will first need to enable streaming on your MS Teams account (to be done by an admin).
Note: Microsoft Teams live events cannot be streamed to the SpotMe event app.
You will also need to be the MS Teams meeting organizer in order to be able to live stream a meeting, and will need to use the custom streaming app in MS Teams in order to input the RTMP URL and key from your live session in Backstage.
- Start your meeting/webinar as you normally would in MS Teams.
- Add the custom streaming meeting app to your meeting.
This can only be done during the meeting by the meeting organizer:
- After adding the custom streaming meeting app as shown above, you will see two input fields: Stream URL and Stream key.
- Go to your live session in Backstage, and open the live stream room in the studio to generate the credential. Copy and paste the RTMP endpoint and Stream key from Backstage into your MS Teams meeting, per the below:
After entering the RTMP endpoint and Stream key from Backstage, select Start streaming.
A final prompt will appear in MS Teams to confirm whether you are ready to start streaming:
- Click on Allow, and then go to Backstage and wait for the preview to start in the studio. It may take up to 30 seconds for the preview to appear in Backstage.
- Once you see the preview of the meeting or webinar in Backstage, you can click on Go live in the studio to start streaming to your audience via the SpotMe app.