If you're on a paid Webex Meetings or Webex Events plan and live streaming is enabled, you can live stream by using SpotMe streaming.
To do so, you will first need to enable streaming in Webex (by an admin). Once this is done you can start streaming.
Prerequisite: enable streaming in Webex (Admin)
For you to stream your Webex meeting or event via SpotMe, your account admin will first need to enable live streaming. Find information on how to do this.
Stream a Webex meeting
Live streaming Webex meetings (Host)
To start streaming your Webex meeting or event with SpotMe, do the following:
- Sign into Webex, and start your meeting or event.
- Go to More options, and click on Start live streaming.
In Webex you can change streaming layouts to set the video layouts for your live stream.
- Select Other streaming services.
- Enter the streaming details as provided by Backstage. For Streaming service enter SpotMe, for Target stream link enter RTMPS endpoint URL from Backstage, and for Target stream key enter Stream key from Backstage.
- Click Start streaming to start streaming from Webex.
To confirm that you're streaming from Webex, check for the Live indicator in the upper-right corner of your meeting or event.
- Once you see the preview in Backstage, you can go click Go live to show the stream to your audience.
It may take up to 30 seconds for the preview to appear in Backstage.
Ending the stream
To end the live stream:
- Click End stream in Backstage.
- Choose when you want the on-demand version of video to be published:
- Choose now for the video to be published as soon as it's ready.
- Choose later to publish the video once you are ready to do so.
- End your Webex meeting.