Attendees can have access to a personal SpotMe user QR code that is generated in Backstage.
The QR code is linked to their user profile in the workspace, and when used will pull information from the user profile.
Important: These SpotMe QR codes described below are very different to the SpotMe shortlink QR codes that can be configured and made available for your in-person attendees to scan at your event venue in order to trigger actions in the app.
How can attendees use their SpotMe user QR codes?
Attendee can use their SpotMe user QR codes before and during the event as follows:
- Check into the event and print their personal badge (via the Event check-in and badges module). Please contact your SpotMe account manager for more information.
- Check into individual agenda sessions (via the Sessions check-in module). More information.
- Share their contact information with a sponsor representative (via the Leads module). More information.
- Exchange business cards with a fellow attendee (via the Contacts module). More information.
Where can attendees find their SpotMe user QR code?
As an event organizer, depending on your event's needs (see above) you can give your attendees access to their SpotMe user QR codes in the following ways:
- In an email received from the workspace, that can be sent before the event starts and used to check-in.
- On an attendee's printed badge, that can for example be obtained be the attendee when performing the event check-in.
- Via the app: in the QR & Scan app menu item / in the attendee's profile / in a content page
Adding an attendee's personal QR code to an email
You can include your attendee's personal QR code in an email template, in order to send them their QR code via email. This is particularly helpful if you wish the attendee to have access to their QR code without having previously downloaded the app, for example to to check-in the the event and print their badge.
To add the QR code to an email template, go to the Design > Emails module and open the email template that you wish to add the QR code to:
From here, in the email editor, in the Content section to the right, find the User QR component and add it to the email template in the desired position:
Once this is done, remember to click on Save to confirm the changes.
Below is an example of how the QR code looks when received by the attendee via email (on mobile email client:
Adding an attendee's personal QR code to a printed badge
You can add SpotMe user QR codes to printed attendee badges. These badges can be printed when the attendees arrive at the venue and do their check-in, or provided prior to the event.
For more information about our event check in and badge printing solution, please contact your SpotMe Account Manager.
Adding an attendee's personal QR code to the QR & Scan app menu item
By installing the Contact module on your workspace, you can give your app users access to their own SpotMe user QR code in the app:
After installing the module, remember to add the QR & Scan item to the app menu:
Once this is done, attendees can tap the QR & Scan item present in the app menu, and then tap My code in order to display their SpotMe user QR code. More information
Adding an attendee's personal QR code to the user profile in the app
You can make an attendee's personal QR code accessible to an attendee, by adding it to the attendee's personal profile in the app, that is only visible to the attendee and is not visible to other attendees:
To do so, go to the Users module > Display template tab (1), and click on Person (2) to access the user profile that is only visible to the attendee and is not visible to other attendees:
(3) In the panel to the left, find the Activated user QR code component, and drag it into the central panel, in the desired position.
(4) Click on the added component, here you can specify a size for the QR code in pixels. Recommended size is 200 px. If you do not specify a size, the QR code will fill the screen horizontally.
Remember to click on Save to finalize the changes.
Adding a user/attendee QR code to a page in the app
QR codes can be directly added to a page in the app, that can then be linked to the app menu to make it easily accessible to your attendees.
For example, you may wish to create a "Check-in" or "My QR code" item in the app menu, that when tapped opens a page that contains the attendee's user QR code:
My QR code link in app menu:
My QR code page
First, create the page. You can for example add a banner and a header text. More information on this is available in the Adding a page to the workspace article.
Next, in the page display template, drag and drop the Activated user QR code component into the central pane of the page editor. The recommended QR code size is 200 px:
Click Save to finish creating the page.
You can now add the page link to the app menu, so the app users can easily access their own personal QR code page.