Digest is an advanced module that automatically delivers individually personalized content summaries to each app user, either on a daily or weekly basis. It will display the top five most liked posts as well as any unread notifications.
Below is an example of a weekly digest. Digest notifications are delivered as push notifications to users.
To configure Digest in Backstage, you will first need to install the module in the workspace.
- Go to Setup > Marketplace.
- In the list of modules, select Digest, then Install.
Backstage will now reload to finalize the installation. Once Digest is installed, you can configure it:
- Go to the Notifications > Digest tab.
- Configure the frequency for sending the digest notification:
- Daily - the notification will be sent out every day.
- Weekly - the notification will be sent out every Monday.
- Delivery hour - this is a 24 hours format time that is dependent on the app user's time zone. Use two digits. For example, add "10" for 10 a.m., or "14", for 2 p.m.
Note: Here you can also deactivate digest if you do not want digest notifications to be sent out.
Once configured, Digest will be delivered automatically to users as a push notification to their mobile devices.
Digest works by aggregating data from different modules. Currently the following modules are supported:
|Feed||Displays top five most liked posts.|
|Notifications||Displays unread direct Notifications.|
- Digest is currently not supported on the web app.