In order to make sure your app supports HealthKit, you need to manually enable it under your Apple account, in two easy steps.
For information on the the requirements needed to enable HealthKit on your app, please refer to the HealthKit requirements article.
Step 1. Enable HealthKit for the App ID
- Navigate to Apple Developer and go to the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section:
- Go to Identifiers on the side menu and click on the app you want to enable HealthKit for.
- Under Capabilities, tick the box next to HealthKit, and Save.
Step 2. Renew the app provisioning profile
- Go to the Profiles section:
- For new apps - click on the + button to create a new provisioning profile.
- For existing apps - click on the current app provisioning profile, then Edit:
- As the profile type, choose App Store under the Distribution section:
- Select the app for which you are renewing the profile in the dropdown menu.
- Select the distribution certificate that will be associated with the profile.
- Click on Continue and then Download the file.
Note: If your app needs to support HealthKit, please make sure to communicate this to SpotMe.