Your tasks as a Live Stream Producer
When joining our team of Live Stream Producers, you will be allocated to the following tasks:
- Set up your configuration per requirements sent by the Project Manager (layouts, transitions, VTs).
- Run live production during rehearsals.
- Run live production during live sessions.
Running live production includes: connecting your configuration to SpotMe Live Stream back-end, play transitions, VTs, coordinate speakers start/end – all according to the running order sent by the Project Manager.
We confirm planning assignments between 1 and 3 weeks in advance.
To register, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old.
- Clean basic DBS / Background check.
- Registered as self-employed or owner and employee of your company.
- Experience with live production (digital event production such as webcasting/webinars, live stream production, AV setups).
- Have a professional computer configuration, at minimum for PC (or equivalent for Mac):
- Intel Core i7-9700+
- 16GB+ DDR4
- Non-integrated graphic cards (2GB+ dedicated graphics memory)
- 256GB+ SSD hard drive
- Have 2 monitors.
- Have a wired internet connection (>50Mbps down, 20Mbps up).
Once registered, we'll run a quick assessment to ensure you have all the skills and necessary equipment (see below).
You can find information on how we produce live stream at SpotMe here:
- Direct streaming:
- OBS streaming:
- StreamYard streaming:
Our team will contact you to complete your assessment before being accepted into the Network.
After receiving your credentials to SpotMe Backstage (our back-end system), please do the following:
- Make sure you have Zoom (free account is fine) and OBS installed on your computer.
- Configure OBS using our standard configuration.
- Create a basic layout with OBS - at least one background of your choice.
- Run a Zoom meeting on your own and capture it from OBS - at least 1 layout with both speaker and slides.
- Create a Live Stream on Backstage, and configure it on OBS.
- Launch your live stream as you would for any real streaming situation.
- Make a 30 seconds recording of the web app, where we can see your finished layout with a few transitions.
Once this is done, email us back with:
- Your 30 seconds recording.
- A summary of your computer's detailed configuration (system, processor, graphic card, RAM, HD tech and space).
- A screenshot of a speed test ran from your computer, and a confirmation that you have a wired internet connection.