In the Design > Emails section of the workspace, in addition to the Templates tab that is used to manage and create email templates, you can also access the Mailings and Logs tabs in order to perform the following tasks:
How to see the status of my mailings
The Mailings tab allows you to see the status of the emailing campaigns in your workspace:
Here you can see a full list of ell emails sent, with columns in the list for:
- The name of the email template used for the campaign.
- The status of the emailing campaign: Scheduled (+date and time) / Sending / Sent / Cancelled.
- The target audience.
- The total number of recipients.
- The number of unique user opens.
- The number of unique user clicks.
- The date when the email campaign was sent (when already sent).
From here you can also use the red trashcan button to cancel any scheduled email campaigns.
You can also select any individual mailing in the list (click on the template name) to open the Mailing details tab:
Note: If you are sending emails to a large audience that is internal to an organization, we recommend that you ensure that the organization's system is able to manage the volume of emails that will be sent out. The SpotMe platform will automatically create batches when sending out large volumes of emails. This can cause slight delays, and as such you may wish to send the invitation email a safe time before the start of the event.
In the Logs tab, you can see a full list of all the emails that were already sent from your workspace, and what is their status. This includes any automated emails sent during the registration process.
Synchronizing the email logs
To ensure that you have the latest information displayed in your email logs, you will need to click on the Sync email statuses button.
Important: When using the Sync email statuses button, the system will only retrieve the data of the emails that were sent over the last 30 days. If you are planning on accessing and using the email logs for your event, we recommend that you synchronize as soon as possible at the end of the event, or periodically for events that are running over a longer period of time.
Synchronizing the email statuses will update the information for each individual email sent:
- Email address of the recipient.
- Subject of the email.
- Attempt, i.e. when the email was sent.
- Status of the email:
- Sent: Email was sent.
- Soft bounced: Recipient's inbox is full or email is too large.
- Bounced: Invalid email address.
- Deferred: Recipient's email service is delaying or not allowing the email through (is overloaded, thinks the email is spam, or has a technical issue).
- Clicks that the recipient made in the email received.
- Opens, i.e. the number of time the email was opened by the recipient.
- Details of the individual email.
You can also use the Generate XLS button to create and then download an Excel report of the email logs (using the Export XLS button).