Some apps such as Blackberry Work (previously known as Good for Enterprise) prevent the launching of 3rd-party apps from an email.
Your IT administrator can change the configuration of such apps. To do so you can:
- Contact an IT professional or IT department within your organization, or ask your workspace/app users to do the same.
- Ask the IT department to whitelist spotme and spotme-* schemas in BlackBerry Work (or point them to this page).
- Test that the app launches together with your IT professional.
If the IT department is unable to make the changes:
- Review the available activation workflows.
- Contact Backstage Support to assist you in setting one up that does not rely on timely email delivery.
In addition, some email servers such as MS Outlook or Exchange cannot forward the activation link to the app, but instead open it in the device browser thus leading to a blank page instead of activating the app. To prevent this from happening you can:
- Enter the email address you have been registered with for the event
- Go to your email inbox and forward the received email with activation link from the Outlook/Exchange client to another email you have access to on your device (Yahoo, Gmail etc.) - it could be a private email too
- Open the forwarded email from your device and click on the activation button
Note: The above work around is applicable in the cases where the app does not have temporary activation codes enabled.