All sessions created in the agenda are, by default, ordered in the app based on their start time: the sessions with the earliest start date appear first.
Sessions that have the same start time, including track sessions (associated to a master session), will by default appear in the order that they were created in Backstage.
For the sessions that have the same start time, you can specify the order in which you want them to appear in the agenda, by using a custom force_order metadata field in the session page.
To use this functionality, you will need to first create the force_order metadata, and then set the desired order for the sessions.
Creating the force order field in the session
- Go to the Metadata manager in the workspace main menu (in the Settings category).
More information on using the Metadata manager
- Choose Session from the dropdown at the top of the page.
- Click on the Add a new field in the toolbar.
- Find the newly created field in the list, it will have name starting with NEW, and make the following changes:
- Replace the New XX_ text with force_order.
- In the Label field, type Force order.
- Replace text in the field kind dropdown with number.
- Click on Save changes:
Now you can use the new Force order field on each session to override the default sorting.
Setting the order of the sessions
Remember that this can only be used for sessions that have the same start time.
Sessions with the lowest Force order value will appear at the top of the agenda.
If no value is entered in the Force order fields, then the sessions will appear in the order that they were created in Backstage.