All sessions created in the agenda are, by default, ordered in the app based on their start time.
For example, if you have a main session, with several breakout sessions happening at the same time, you might notice that the sessions in-app appear in the order that they were created.
You can force a specific order for the sessions to appear in by adding a new metadata field in the session.
Creating the force order field in the session
- Go to the Metadata manager in the workspace main menu (in the Settings category).
- Choose Session from the dropdown at the top of the page.
- Click on the Add a new field in the toolbar.
- Find the newly created field in the list, it will have name starting with NEW, and make the following changes:
- Replace the New XX_ text with force_order.
- In the Label field, type Force order.
- Replace text in the field kind dropdown with number.
- Click on Save changes:
Now you can use the new Force order field on each session to override the default sorting.
Setting the order of the sessions
Sessions with the lowest Force order value will appear at the top of the agenda.
If no value is entered in the force order fields, then the start time will determine the order.