Forms can be used to create a quiz for app users. The quiz will be delivered in the same way as a form is, but uses the Quiz and Slider behaviors in order to enable the quiz functionalities.
Creating a quiz is a great way to test out the app users knowledge on a particular subject, gather data, and to drive engagement through participation before, during, or after a session.
The questions are presented to the app user one-at-a time on their screen. After answering each question, the app user can tap "next" to see whether they chose the correct answer or not, and then move on to the next question. Alternatively, the quiz can be configured so that app users will answer all the questions and only see their results at the end of the quiz.
Quiz results are collected and visible in Backstage, and can be exported and sorted using a variety of filters.
Creating a quiz
Go to the Forms module and open the form that will contain the quiz, or create a new form.
More information on creating forms is available in the Adding a form to the workspace article should you need it.
To create the quiz, go to the Edit form template tab.
Below is an example of how we've created two multiple choice questions in a quiz.
Below are the steps you need to follow to add questions to the quiz:
- Add and enable the Slideshow behavior from the Behavior section.
More information on adding form behaviors is available in the Form behaviors article.
- Add and enable the Quiz behavior from the Behavior section, with one of the following options checked: Show correct answer after each question OR Show correct answers only after submit.
- Add a first Choice component, that will include the first question and the multiple choices that app user can select as their answer(s).
More information on using the Choice component is also available in the Adding a form to the workspace article, should you need it.
- Mark the correct answer(s) to the question in the Choice component.
- At the bottom of the component setting, select Add answer component.
This will add a the Choice answer block to your page, associated to the question that you just added.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each question you want to add to the quiz.
- Click on Save to finish creating the quiz.
Note: The Quiz behavior needs to be added in order to count the number of correct answers an app user has. Without this behavior, points will not calculated and included in the results export (they will only be visible in Backstage).
How does this look in the app?
For the above quiz example we created, the result in the app is as follows:
Question 1, with app user's response, and the result on the next screen.
Question 2, with app user's response, and the result on the next screen.
Once they have reached the end of the quiz, the app user taps on Send to submit their responses, and the results are captured in Backstage.
Viewing and exporting quiz results
In the Forms module, and in the Form results tab, you can view and filter all quiz results:
More information on viewing and filtering form responses is available in the Forms article.