Form submissions are tracked in order to provide completion statistics, and temporarily store incomplete submissions as well as personalized questions.
While form responses displayed in Backstage are rendered anonymous, the response MS Excel exports do provide more details on the users that submitted the responses.
This article explains how to anonymize these Excel exports.
In this article, anonymization refers to the removal of hidden participant-related fields.
Please note however that if a form requires a user to explicitly enter their personal information as a response to a question, that specific data will not be anonymised.
Export anonymization needs to be enabled on individual forms by adding the Anonymous results behavior:
- Navigate to your form in Backstage.
- Expand the Behaviors section.
- Expand the Available new behaviors section.
- Click on Anonymous results.
- Optionally configure which user fields to anonymize. Leave blank to anonymize all user fields.
- Click Save.