To get your app submitted on the Google Play Store, follow the instructions below:
1. Log into the Google Play Console
2. Create a new application.
3. Fill in the requested app information
- App name: The name of the app displayed on Google Play
- Default language: English (in case the app text assets are in English)
- App or Game: App
- Free or Paid: Free
4. Accept the terms under the Declarations section.
5. Under the Release section, navigate to Production:
- Click on Create new release at the top right:
- Upload the .aab file provided by the SpotMe team. Click Save.
7. Go to Countries / regions:
- Click on Add countries / regions.
- Select all countries if you would like to make the app available worldwide.
- Click Save.
8. Navigate to the Store Presence section -> Main Store Listing:
Fill out the following information:
- App Name - up to 50 characters.
- Short Description - up to 80 characters.
- Full Description - up to 4000 characters.
- App Icon - 512 x 512 px app icon.
- Screenshots - upload phone and 10-inch tablet screenshots provided by SpotMe.
- Feature Graphic - 1024 x 500 px app banner.
9. Navigate to the Store Settings section. Fill in the following details:
- App or Game - App.
- Category - Business.
- Website - official website of the company.
- Email address - support email address.
10. Navigate to the App content section under Policy. Fill out the following details:
- App Access - Select "All or some functionality is restricted" and provide demo login credentials.
- The demo login credentials will be provided by the SpotMe Team.
- Ads - Select "No, my app does not contain ads".
- Content Ratings
- Enter an email address to which rating confirmation will be sent.
- Choose Social Networking, Forums, Blogs, and UGC Sharing as the app category.
- Answer No to all questions in the Rating questionnaire.
- Click on Save questionnaire and then Calculate rating.
- Target audience and content - Select "18 and over" for the target age group.
- Click on Next and confirm.
- News apps - Select No and click on Save.
COVID-19 contact tracing and status apps - Select “My app is not a publicly available COVID-19 contact tracing or status app”.
Data Safety - The SpotMe team will provide a ready-to-import Data Safety Form.
If all the information is filled out correctly, a Ready to publish button will appear at the bottom of the page.
11. Submit the app for review:
- Go to the Release section > Production.
- Click on Edit Release.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Review and confirm the release.
Once the application is successfully submitted, it can take up to 7 days to have it approved and live on Google Play.