Email login is the default activation mechanism for accessing SpotMe events.
It requires two-step verification via email.
Accessing an event on web app
The participant simply needs to follow the magic link to the event, received via email, to access the event on the web app.
Accessing an event on mobile app
The participant needs to go through the steps below to activate the mobile app using their email address:
- The participant can tap the link contained in the invitation email to open the app, and then click on Get Started.
- The participant will then need to open their emails inbox via their mobile device, and open the activation email they received.
- The participant clicks on the unique activation link or (if enabled) types the 6-digit code in the app to initiate the activation process.
- The participant will see the events their email address is registered for, and can tap an event to get access to it.
Important: Email activation is not supported for apps running on iPad Pros. If you know that your attendees will be using iPad Pros, we recommend that you enable the temporary 6 digit code, as explained below in the Setup section. This way the user can simply enter the code in the app to finish the activation process, instead of using the link in the email.
Note: If a participant enters 10 invalid temporary passwords, their account will be locked and they will need to contact SpotMe support to unblock their account.
To ensure successful app activation through Email login, the below requirements must be met.
- The participant's email addresses must be registered in the event in Backstage.
- The email address the participant enters in the app must match the one registered for the event in Backstage.
- The workspace status must be set to "Production".
- Participants must have access to their emails on the device that they will be using to access the event, especially when accessing via mobile app.
- If activation through temporary 6-digit code is enabled, users can access their emails on any device or computer to retrieve the code.
- Activation link and temporary password are valid for 30 minutes.
- Whitelist emails coming from spotme.com as well as the IP address found here.
The Email login is preferred as an authentication mechanism in the following cases:
- For all meetings that require advanced registration and where users' email addresses are collected.
- When the preference is towards layered security activation process.
- It could be used for both external and internal meetings depending on whether users have access to their email addresses on the used devices.
- When users must get access to all their events in a single app after activation (multi-event login).
To set up an Email login on your container app:
- Open the container app in the App Manager.
- Navigate to the Screens section.
- Click on the + to add a new login method and choose Email login:
- Enable / Disable the temporary 6-digit codes:
- Set up the container app translations.
Article is closed for comments.