Email authentication is the default activation mechanism set on each branded app.
It requires two-step verification via email.
The user needs to go through the steps below to activate the app using Email login.
- Open the app and click on Get Started.
- Log into your Mail app on your device and open the activation email sent to you.
- Click on the unique activation link or type the 6-digit code in the app to initiate the activation process.
- You will get a list of events your email address is registered for. Click on an event to get access to it.
Note: If user enters 10 invalid temporary passwords their account will be locked and they will need to contact SpotMe support to unblock their account.
To ensure successful app activation through Email login, the below requirements must be met.
- Users' email addresses must be registered in Backstage.
- The email address entered in the app must match the one available in Backstage.
- The workspace status must be set to "Production".
- Users must have access to their emails on the device the app is installed on to access the activation link.
- If activation through temporary 6-digit code is enabled, users can access their emails on any device or computer to retrieve the code.
- Activation link and temporary password are valid for 30 minutes.
- Whitelist emails coming from spotme.com as well as the IP address found here.
The Email login is preferred as an authentication mechanism in the following cases:
- For all meetings that require advance registration and users' email addresses are collected.
- When the preference is towards layered security activation process.
- It could be used for both, external and internal meetings depending on whether users have access to their email addresses on the used devices.
- When users must get access to all their events in a single app after activation (multi-event login).
To set up an Email login on your container app:
- Open the container app in the App Manager.
- Navigate to the Screens section.
- Click on the + to add a new login method and choose Email login:
- Enable / Disable the temporary 6-digit codes:
- Set up the container app translations.