This article explains how to create and schedule a live event with YouTube Live and then embed the live stream within the SpotMe app.
What you need
To use YouTube Live you will need:
- A corporate YouTube account
- Sign up for YouTube Live (process can take up to 24 hours)
- Schedule a YouTube Live event (see linked article or video above)
If you do not want your Live event to be visible to everyone on YouTube or your YouTube profile, select "Unlisted" as the event visibility option.
How to embed YouTube Live
Once you've created your live stream on YouTube, you will need to add the stream's URL to Backstage. The stream will be then accessible to the users in the app alongside other content.
- Go to YouTube studio > Create > Go Live > Manage.
- Click on the ⋮ icon next to the stream you want to embed.
- Click Get sharable link this will place a link similar this one into your clipboard:
- When configuring the webcast in Backstage, change the link so it looks like this:
As the final step you would add a link to the webcast to a session, feed post or as a menu item.