This article explains how to schedule a live event with Vimeo and then embed the live stream within the SpotMe app.
What you need
To use Vimeo you will need:
If you do not want your stream to be visible to everyone on Vimeo, choose "Hide on vimeo.com" as the Privacy setting.
How to embed a Vimeo live stream
Once you've created your live stream on Vimeo, you will need to add the stream's URL to Backstage. The stream will be then accessible to the users in the app alongside other content.
- Go to your Vimeo channel.
- Select the stream you wish to embed.
- Click the Share button in the top right corner of your stream.
- A pop-up will appear with the embed code that will look similar to this:
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/123456789" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Copy the URL part of the code
- Paste the URL in the stream in Backstage.
As the final step you would add a link to the stream in a session, feed post or as a menu item.